About the Adopt-A-Road Program
The Adopt-A-Road program is a public service program in which civic organizations, youth groups, businesses and residential families have the opportunity to adopt a designated section of road-way. The volunteering adopting group is obligated to remove debris and litter along the roadside. Through this program, adopting groups obtain the satisfaction from contributing to a cleaner road-way and community.
Adopting Group’s Responsibilities
• Obligated to a minimum 2 year agreement
• Must clean designated road-way a minimum of 4 times per year
• Required to follow safety rules and guidelines
• Required to submit information after each clean-up
OSS Solid Waste District’s Responsibilities
• Upon request, conduct orientation and safety instruction for the adopting group
• Provide orange Class II safety vests and disposable gloves
• Provide orange Adopt-A-Road bags
• Provide orange “Workers Ahead” road signs w/ bases
• Provide strobe light for vehicles Upon request, collect and properly dispose of litter/debris
• Issue a certificate of recognition when contracts are renewed
How To Join
Interested parties may Adopt-A-Road by contacting our Communication and Outreach Specialist.
Active Adopting Groups
Complete your clean-up information card today!