Pre-registration is required.
Pre-registration is available to secure a time.
Registration opens April 1, 2021. Registration link is available at the bottom of this page.
Accepting Televisions – * Please Notice Change In Cost
- Accepting all standard glass tube televisions (CRT), LCD/LED and plasma TV’s
Television Prices –
- TV’s 24″ or less – $5.00
- TV’s 25″ & larger – *$10.00
- NO CHARGE for flat panel LCD/LED or Plasma TV’s
Full-Time Recycling Option
Television & Electronics recycling is also available at any Best Buy store locations with some TV’s and electronics accepted. For detailed information about Best Buy’s recycling program click here. From the recycling program page, you will be required to select the state which you live and choose the products for specific recycling program details. This program is offered to residents only. It is not available to businesses or organizations.
- Findlay Store
- Mansfield Store
- Perrysburg Store
- Sandusky Store
Televisions & Monitors
- CRT (glass tube) TVs – not encased in wood and not “projection” style
- Monitors – CRT (glass) and LCD Computer monitors
- Flat Screen LCD or Plasma Screen TV’s
Computers & Related Equipment
Please remove personal data from your computer/laptop before recycling
- Circuit boards
- Computers (CPU’s)
- 3-in-1 machines (copy/fax/print)
- Desktop Computer Speakers
- Document Scanners
- Fax Machines
- Hard Drives
- Networking Equipment
- PC Cards/Memory Cards
- Power Supplies
- Cable Boxes
- Cell Phones
- Digital Cameras
- DVD Players
- DVR Recorders
- Gaming Consoles
- Hand Held Devices (e-readers, tablets)
- Stereo Components/Systems
- VCR/VHS Players
Items Not Accepted
Televisions & Monitors
No longer accepting any type of console or projection screen TV’s or glass tubes.
- Air Purifiers
- Coffee Makers
- Electric Heaters
- Electric Lamps
- Household Appliances
- Hair Dryers
- Microwaves (only accepted at appliance collections)
- Smoke Alarms
- Toaster Ovens
- Vacuum Cleaners
Other Household/Electronic Items
- AC Units
- CFL Bulbs/Tubes
- Christmas Lights
- Electric Keyboards/Organs
- Electric Toys
- Lawn Equipment
- Tools (corded & rechargeable)
- White Goods (large appliances)
- Wood Speakers
IMPORTANT NOTES ABOUT THE TV / ELECTRONICS COLLECTION
• Cost: There is a charge to recycle glass tube Televisions during this event. Size is determined by measuring the glass screen diagonally from corner to corner.
• TV’s 24″ or less – $5.00
• TV’s 25″ & greater – $10.00
• Payment: In an effort to reduce handling and quickly move vehicles through our lines, we ask that you pay with exact change or a pre-completed check to the “OSS Solid Waste District”.
• ATTENTION: Not accepting any type of console, DLP (digital light projection), projection screen TV’s or bare/broken tubes.
• wood cabinetry around television • flat front surface • plastic or “plexi” screen surface • cathrode ray tube removed from TV case
• angled back side of TV. • can be very large in size • broken TV screen
• much lighter than LCD or plasma
• plastic or “plexi” screen surface.
• Computer Recycling Alternative: Consider using a more convenient full-time option to recycle computers and related computer items (e.g. – monitors, printers, keyboards, etc.) at participating
Goodwill Store locations in Bellevue, Fremont and Port Clinton during business hours. Click on: Computer Recycling for details.